CADTH is seeking nominations for one core member with Health Technology Assessment (HTA) expertise for its Health Technology Expert Review Panel (HTERP).
HTERP is an advisory body convened to develop recommendations for CADTH projects related to medical devices (includes devices, diagnostic tests, and medical, surgical, or dental procedures). Recommendations provided by HTERP inform a range of stakeholders within the Canadian health care system.
The following information may help when considering whether to let your name stand for nomination to HTERP.
Qualifications and Eligibility
Nominee is a health care practitioner with experience in the Canadian health care system, is knowledgeable about HTA, and has advanced training in a relevant field (e.g., epidemiology or health services research).
More details are available in the Role of Core Members of CADTH’S Health Technology Expert Review Panel.
Nominees should be aware there is a time commitment of up to two days per month. This includes preparing for and participating in HTERP meetings, which are held in person in Ottawa three to four times per year.
Members may receive an honorarium in accordance with CADTH policy. Expenses are reimbursed in accordance with CADTH policy.
Term of Appointment
HTERP members are appointed for a term of two years. Terms may be renewed once, at the discretion of CADTH’s President and CEO.
The following materials should be reviewed when considering or preparing a nomination:
- CADTH Heath Technology Expert Review Panel Terms of Reference
- Role description: Role of Core Members of CADTH’S Health Technology Expert Review Panel
- Conflict of Interest Guidelines for CADTH Expert Committee and Panel Members (Note: These guidelines contain disclosure forms that nominees are required to complete and return as part of the application. Full disclosure is required from all nominees.)
- CADTH Code of Conduct
- Statement of Interest and Qualifications
- Nomination Form
- Frequently Asked Questions
Download the complete Nomination Materials Package (single PDF of the above documents).
The following materials must be submitted in support of HTERP nominations:
- Completed nomination form (complete online)
- Completed Statement of Interest and Qualifications
- Nominee’s curriculum vitae*
- Completed Conflict of Interest form.
- Completed Code of Conduct form
*Documents may be provided in either Microsoft Word (.doc/.docx) or Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) format.
All materials must be submitted through our online form.
Please note: You cannot save the form part way through the process. The form will not time out as long as the internet browser remains open. Please ensure you have all materials complete and ready to submit before you begin filling in the nomination form.
Nominations must be received no later than 4:00 p.m. ET, Friday, April 27, 2018.
All nominees will receive a confirmation email when we have received their submission. While CADTH thanks all nominees for their interest, only those under further consideration in the process will be contacted personally. All nominees will be notified by email once the process concludes, which is expected to be no later than end of July 2018.