CADTH is committed to supporting Canada’s health care decision-makers through this challenging and uncertain time.
Our COVID-19 Evidence Portal contains the latest COVID-19 information from CADTH and other respected organizations. Content is updated daily to reflect the rapidly changing and increasing international scientific evidence related to this disease.
The following is a summary of the most recent information posted to our COVID-19 portal.
- This report looks at the evidence regarding facial hair and (medical) respirator devices.
- At the time of the report, two studies were identified on this topic. The authors of the studies reported that as beard length increased, the additional facial hair was less likely to accommodate a properly fitted respirator device.
- This report did not identify any recommendations on facial hair and respirator devices.
- This report provides information on ongoing randomized controlled trials of drugs being investigated to treat or prevent COVID-19.
- It will be updated every 2 weeks.
- Ongoing trials of vaccines and plasma-based therapies are addressed in separate CADTH reports.
Visit our COVID-19 news page to stay on top of all the emerging information we are monitoring and updating. Here’s the latest news:
- FDA Grants Emergency Use Authorization for Bamlanivimab and Etesevimab Combination Treatment
On February 9, the US FDA issued an Emergency Use Authorization for the combination of 2 monoclonal antibodies — bamlanivimab and etesevimab — for the treatment of mild to moderate COVID-19 in adults and pediatric patients.
CADTH Literature Searching Tools
CADTH is pleased to showcase additional COVID-19 resources from our partner organizations and the Canadian federal, provincial, and territorial governments’ health jurisdictions:
CAN’T FIND WHAT YOU NEED? LET US KNOW
Canadian ministries and departments of health, publicly funded organizations responsible for health service delivery, and clinical society stakeholders are encouraged to submit a request or contact their CADTH Liaison Officer. We’re here to help.