CADTH is committed to supporting Canada’s health care decision-makers through this challenging and uncertain time.
Our COVID-19 Evidence Portal contains the latest COVID-19 information from CADTH and other respected organizations. Content is updated daily to reflect the rapidly changing and increasing international scientific evidence related to this disease.
The following is a summary of the most recent information posted to our COVID-19 portal.
- Convalescent plasma (CP) therapy is an intervention whereby plasma is collected from recovered COVID-19 patients in the hope that the disease-specific antibodies could help the recipient recover from COVID-19.
- Evidence on the effectiveness of CP therapy for the treatment of COVID-19 is still in the early stages.
- This report (updated on March 8, 2021) summarizes the current evidence and it is updated regularly as a living review.
- This report (last updated on March 5, 2021) provides information on ongoing randomized controlled trials of drugs being investigated to treat or prevent COVID-19.
- Ongoing trials of vaccines and plasma-based therapies are addressed in separate CADTH reports.
Visit our COVID-19 news page to stay on top of all the emerging information we are monitoring and updating. Here’s the latest news:
- WHO Solidarity Study: Remdesivir
CADTH assessed 5 randomized controlled trials, including the interim study results from the WHO Solidarity trial, in a health technology review on remdesivir.
CADTH Literature Searching Tools
CADTH is pleased to showcase additional COVID-19 resources from our partner organizations and the Canadian federal, provincial, and territorial governments’ health jurisdictions:
CAN’T FIND WHAT YOU NEED? LET US KNOW
Canadian ministries and departments of health, publicly funded organizations responsible for health service delivery, and clinical society stakeholders are encouraged to submit a request or contact their CADTH Liaison Officer. We’re here to help.
The CADTH Weekly COVID-19 Update is intended to keep you informed about the latest information posted on the CADTH COVID-19 portal.