Welcome to the CADTH Evidence Bundle for pain. Here you will find our best evidence on the management of pain – both acute and chronic – arranged under the following categories: pharmacological treatments, physical therapies, and psychological therapies, and multidisciplinary treatments. We’ll be updating our Pain Evidence Bundle regularly with more evidence, including rapid evidence reviews (Rapid Response Reports), Environmental Scans, Horizon Scans, and our larger Optimal Use projects with expert recommendations, as they are completed.
- Chronic Pain Management: Non-Pharmacologic Treatments (Tools, September 2018)
- Methoxyflurane for Acute Pain in the Emergency Department: A Review of Clinical Effectiveness, Cost-Effectiveness and Guidelines (Summary with Critical Appraisal, August 2018)
- Analgesics for Surgical Third Molar Extraction: Clinical Effectiveness and Guidelines (Summary of Abstracts, April 2018)
- Percutaneous Rhizotomy for Chronic Back or Neck Pain: A Review of Clinical Effectiveness, Cost-Effectiveness, and Guidelines (Summary With Critical Appraisal, March 2018)
- Gabapentin for Adults with Neuropathic Pain: A Review of the Clinical Effectiveness (Summary with Critical Appraisal, March 2018)
- Monoclonal antibodies to prevent migraine headaches (Issues in Emerging Health Technologies, February 2018)
Browse the Evidence
Want to browse our evidence on a specific topic related to pain management? Categories include pharmacological, physical, and psychological treatments for both acute and chronic pain.