- Point-of-Care INR Testing Compared with Lab INR Testing: What Does the Evidence Say?
An at-a-glance tool that outlines the different ways POC INR testing can be used to monitor INR compared with standard laboratory testing.
- Lab Testing: Current Practice Analysis; Context and Implementation Study
A report that presents the findings of a study investigating current laboratory test ordering practices in Canada, including perceived barriers and opportunities to optimizing lab testing from the perspective of family physicians, internists, and nurse practitioners.
- Culturing Change in Lab Testing: A Summary of Results from Cross-Canada Events
A report describing CADTH’s cross-Canada series of local events on lab test optimization.
- Report in Brief: Protein Testing in Patients With Multiple Myeloma: A Review
This Report in Brief summarizes a CADTH review of the clinical effectiveness and clinical utility of testing, repeat testing, and testing frequency for protein abnormalities, as well as of related evidence-based guidelines. This review was undertaken to help inform decisions about protein testing in patients with multiple myeloma.
- Report in Brief: Vitamin D Testing in the General Population: A Review
This Report in Brief summarizes a CADTH review of the clinical and cost-effectiveness of vitamin D testing in the general population, and of the evidence-based guidelines. This review was undertaken to help inform decisions about vitamin D testing.
- Culturing Change in Lab Testing: Insight and Lessons Learned From Across Canada
CADTH CEO Dr. Brian O'Rourke and special guest experts from three Canadian provinces share the lessons learned from the cross-Canada series of events supporting context-specific lab test optimization efforts.
- Webinar: Culturing Change in Lab Testing
CADTH hosted a webinar on December 1, 2014 where Dr. David Kinniburgh (University of Calgary) and Dr. Sherry Perkins (The Ottawa Hospital) discussed the need for lab test optimization in Canada and gave specific examples of recent efforts and successes.
- Webinar: Laboratory Utilization: Knowledge, Attitudes, and Strategies
Dr. Chris Naugler presents results of a survey of Alberta family physicians on knowledge of and barriers to managing lab test utilization. Dr. Roger Thomas presents results of two recent systematic reviews of primary care laboratory utilization management interventions.
- Webinar: Urine Culture & Sensitivity Analysis: A Burning Question in Long-Term Care
Experts from the Regina Qu'Appelle Health Region and University of Manitoba explore the value of ordering urine culture and sensitivity tests among asymptomatic residents in long-term care facilities.
- Techniques to Improve the Use of Diagnostic Laboratory Test Ordering: Clinical Evidence
A CADTH Rapid Response Report: Summary of Abstracts
- Presentation Slides on Optimal Use of Lab Tests
Presentation slides from the 2013 CADTH Symposium. A panel of experts spoke on optimal use of lab tests—the objective was to engage in substantive discussion regarding past, current, and future laboratory test decisions and how HTA agencies can help jurisdictions increase the quality
- Optimizing the Utilization of Laboratory Tests: Webinar Hosted by CADTH
On November 29th, 2013, CADTH hosted a webinar on lab testing. The webinar presenters were Phillip Morehouse, Director, Performance Excellence, Cape Breton District Health Authority, Nova Scotia, and Sumeet Singh, Director, Rapid Response and Health Technology Assessment, CADTH.
Tools and Resources
Date: December 8, 2015
Result type: Resources