The CADTH Health Economics Internship program is a paid, full-time, one-year internship for recent graduates from a master’s or PhD program in economics or epidemiology. Successful recipients will work with CADTH’s Ottawa-based health economics team on projects to support important federal, provincial, and territorial government drug and medical devices policy decisions.
We are currently not accepting applications. Please check back in March 2019.
About the Internship
The CADTH Health Economics Internship is an excellent opportunity to apply what you’ve learned in your program of study to practical issues in health economics research. During your internship, you’ll work closely with CADTH’s health economics team and with CADTH’s clinical researchers, methodologists, research information specialists, and patient engagement officers. You’ll be given the opportunity to:
- participate in and conduct critical appraisals of economic evaluations
- analyze utilization data
- contribute to the development of economic models (model testing, running analyses, reviewing models)
- perform literature searches for relevant economic information, including screening literature, extracting information, and critically appraising information.
By the end of your internship, you’ll have practical work experience, refined research skills, and an expanded network of health economist peers.
Who Should Apply?
We want to hear from you, if you have:
- recently completed (within one year) or will have completed a graduate degree in economics or epidemiology by the start date of the internship
- a genuine interest in a career in health economics in the not-for-profit sector
- strong analytic skills
- proficiency with MS Excel
- strong oral and written communications skills, and good interpersonal skills
- an ability to work well in a team environment and independently.
Note: The CADTH Health Economics Internship position is located in Ottawa, Canada. CADTH will contribute to travel expenses for successful recipients living outside of commuting distance to Ottawa.