Corporate News and Events
CADTH Advisory Panel Report Recommends Framework for Potential Pan-Canadian Formulary
In July 2021, the Government of Canada approached CADTH to develop a recommended framework for creating and managing a potential pan-Canadian prescription drug list (or formulary). CADTH convened a multidisciplinary advisory panel to undertake this work.
CADTH is pleased to announce the release of its new report based on this work entitled Building Toward a Potential Pan-Canadian Formulary: A Report From the Advisory Panel.
Core Network Partners Announced for CADTH’s Post-Market Drug Evaluation Network
CADTH is pleased to announce the 4 successful Core Network Partners of its inaugural Post-Market Drug Evaluation (PMDE) Network. These 4 teams bring decades of experience in the post-market landscape and are well prepared to respond to the needs of federal, provincial, and territorial decision-makers. Learn more.
CADTH Conducting Innovative Review of Treatment for Monkeypox
Monkeypox has become a serious public health issue around the globe. According to WHO, the most recent case fatality ratio from monkeypox infection is approximately 3% to 6%. CADTH is conducting an innovative review of an antiviral treatment for monkeypox to address these recent outbreaks.
CADTH Reports and Recommendations
Drug funding recommendations for Canada's federal, provincial, and territorial public drug programs. Reimbursement recommendations are based on comprehensive assessments of the clinical and pharmacoeconomic evidence, as well as input from pharmaceutical companies, clinicians, and patient groups.
- Upadacitinib (Rinvoq) for atopic dermatitis
- Ospemifene (Osphena) for dyspareunia and/or vaginal dryness in postmenopausal women
- Cemiplimab (Libtayo) for non–small cell lung cancer
- Provisional funding algorithm for Human Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor 2 (HER2) Negative Gastric, Gastroesophageal Junction (GEJ), or Esophageal Cancer
CADTH Horizon Scans
Information about new and emerging health technologies that could impact the delivery of care in Canada.
- Self-Collection of Nose and Throat Swab Samples for SARS-CoV-2 Antigen Testing – Emerging Health Technologies
CADTH Health Technology Reviews
Independent assessments of health technologies. Assessments consist of 1, or a combination, of the following: an Environmental Scan, a Rapid Review, a Clinical (or Systematic) Review, an Economic Review, and a review of patient perspectives. They may also include an assessment of the legal, ethical, social, implementation, environmental, and policy implications of the health technology. Recommendations on the appropriate use of health technologies are provided if applicable.
- Removable Rigid Dressings for the Post-Operative Management of Leg Amputations – Rapid Review
- Cost-Effectiveness of Second-Generation Injectable Antipsychotic Drugs – Rapid Review
- Dapagliflozin for Chronic Kidney Disease – Rapid Review
- Melatonin for the Treatment of Insomnia in Children and Adolescents – Rapid Review
- Systemic Thrombolysis by Alteplase for Acute Ischemic Stroke – Rapid Review
- Monitoring Patients With Psychotic Disorders for Clozapine-Induced Myocarditis or Cardiomyopathy – Rapid Review
- Guidelines for Pediatric Immune Thrombocytopenia – Rapid Review
- Intranasal Glucagon for the Treatment of Hypoglycemia – Rapid Review
- Ibrutinib for Chronic Graft Versus Host Disease – Rapid Review
- Utilization of Old Versus New Generation Biologics for Public and Private Insurers in Canada – Technology Review
- Utilization of Cholinesterase Inhibitors for Alzheimer Disease in Canada – Technology Review
- Multistakeholder Engagement Strategy to integrate RWE into decision-making about care for rare disease – Technology Review
- Private IV Infusion Clinics in Canada – Environmental Scan
- Private Imaging Facilities in Canada: MRI and CT – CMII Report
- Maintenance Service Agreements for Imaging Equipment – CMII Report
CADTH Reference Lists
Lists of the publicly available and grey literature that identify the evidence and the gaps in the scientific literature.
- Low-Vision Rehabilitation for People With Vision Problems Following Concussion
- Virtual Clinical Assessments for Adults With Back Pain
- Guidelines Regarding Split Dosing of Opioids for Patients in Hospital
- Guidelines Regarding Split Dosing of Ondansetron and Dimenhydrinate for Patients in Hospital
- Whole Brain Radiation Therapy for Patients With Limited Brain Metastases
- Hormonal Intrauterine Devices and Breast Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- Behaviourally Based Interventions for Vaping Prevention in Children and Adolescents
- Assessment of Postoperative Vital Signs Frequency
- Metformin Extended Release Versus Immediate Release for Type 2 Diabetes
- Non-Pharmacological Interventions for Tobacco Smoking Cessation in Children and Adolescents
Other CADTH Tools
- Hospital News article:
- In Brief: Ketamine for Adults With Treatment-Resistant Depression or Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
Tell Us What You Think
We love hearing how our products and services are influencing health care policies, clinical practices, and patient outcomes. If you have a success story to share, please contact your CADTH Liaison Officer.
CADTH E-Alerts : Subscribe to receive the latest CADTH news, reports, feedback opportunities, and events.