News and Events
Call for Nominations
CADTH is seeking nominations to its Board of Directors and Expert committees. We’re looking for 15 individuals with significant expertise in the Canadian health care system to join various committees. More information about the roles, the nomination process, honorarium, and time commitments is available here.
Tuberculosis Day Event
To mark World Tuberculosis (TB) Day on March 24, CADTH is hosting an Evidence-to-Action event to discuss TB and the efforts to eradicate this disease in Canada and internationally. WHO estimates that about 10 million people develop TB disease each year and close to 1.4 million die from it. Join this important discussion and hear from our speakers:
- Dr. Dennis Falzon, Team Lead, Global TB Programme at the World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland
- Caroline Newberry, Public Health and Communicable Disease Specialist, Government of Northwest Territories
- Dr. Gino De Angelis, Manager, Clinical Research, Medical Devices, CADTH
Ensuring High-Value Health Care After the Pandemic
CADTH is partnering with Choosing Wisely Canada to identify actions that could lead to better post-pandemic care for Canadians. The organizations are developing recommendations for reducing low-value care that, if implemented, could make more resources available to deliver the priority services that are most beneficial to patients. The recommendations will be presented at Choosing Wisely Canada’s National Meeting in May 2021 and will be published in CADTH’s Canadian Journal of Health Technologies. Learn more.
CADTH’s First Provisional Funding Algorithm
On February 25, CADTH issued our first provisional funding algorithm — a form of expert advice that supports provincial and territorial drug programs and cancer agencies in implementing our cancer drug reimbursement recommendations. Learn more on how provisional funding algorithms offer additional support for the implementation of oncology drug reimbursement recommendations.
NPC Podcast Episode with Suzanne McGurn
Suzanne McGurn, President and CEO of CADTH, is the featured guest on a new episode of The NPC Podcast (S03, E03). She talks with host Peter Brenders about taking the reins at CADTH, how the pandemic has affected CADTH’s work, and the evolving evidence landscape.
CADTH Virtual Symposium Workshops 2020–2021
- There’s still time to register for our last symposium workshop.
- The final workshop on March 17, 2021 has been created for policy-makers: Reducing Uncertainty: The Need for Qualitative Research in Evidence-Informed Decision-Making.
- Participants will become familiar with qualitative research principles, common methods used, and when and how qualitative research can be practically used to influence health policy and practice.
- Attendance is limited for all workshops, so register to hold your spot.
Want to learn more about our work on COVID-19? Visit our CADTH COVID Evidence Portal.
CADTH Reimbursement Reviews
CADTH recently issued the following reimbursement recommendations:
- Apomorphine hydrochloride (Kynmobi) for Parkinson disease
- Pdp-levETIRAcetam (Levetiracetam) for epilepsy
- Nintedanib (Ofev) for chronic fibrosing interstitial lung diseases
- Adult B-Cell Precursor Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia, Philadelphia Chromosome Negative – Drug Implementation Advice
CADTH Health Technology Reviews
CADTH recently published the following health technology reviews:
- Rapid Testing for the Diagnosis of Pulmonary Tuberculosis and Rifampicin Resistance: A Review of Cost-Effectiveness – Summary with Critical Appraisal
- Codeine for Acute Dental Pain and Acute Pain Related to Dental Procedures – Summary with Critical Appraisal
- Codeine for Pain Related to Caesarean Section: A Review of Clinical Effectiveness – Summary with Critical Appraisal
- Patient Navigation Programs for People With Dementia – Summary with Critical Appraisal
- Peripherally Inserted Central Catheters in Pediatric Patients Performed by Radiologists Using Fluoroscopy – Summary with Critical Appraisal
- Workplace Electronic Health Promotion Campaigns for Tobacco Smoking Prevention or Cessation: A Review of Cost-Effectiveness – Summary with Critical Appraisal
- Incentives and Support Programs to Improve Adherence to Tuberculosis Treatment – Summary with Critical Appraisal
- Stellate Ganglion Block for the Treatment of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, Depression, and Anxiety – Summary with Critical Appraisal
- Rituximab for the Treatment of Neuromyelitis Optica Spectrum Disorder - Peer-reviewed summary with critical appraisal
- Ivermectin for the Treatment and Prevention of COVID-19 – Health Technology Review
- Remdesivir: Evidence Review and Appraisal (updated February 19, 2021) – Health Technology Review
- Tocilizumab and Sarilumab: Evidence Review and Appraisal – Health Technology Review
- Ongoing Trials for Drugs in the Prevention and Treatment of COVID-19(Updated February 19, 2021) – Health Technology Review
CADTH Reference Lists
CADTH recently completed the following reference lists:
- Respirator Device Fit for Individuals With Facial Hair — Reference List
- Respiratory Personal Protective Equipment for Female Presenting Individuals — Reference List
- Microprocessor-Controlled Knee Prosthetics for Individuals With Transfemoral Amputation — Reference List
- Surgical Interventions for Weight Loss in Children With Obesity or Overweight — Reference List
- Switching From Reference to Biosimilar Etanercept for Patients with Plaque Psoriasis — Summary of Abstracts
- Claus Risk Assessment Model for Patients Eligible for Routine Breast Cancer Screening — Summary of Abstracts
- Dihydropyrimidine Dehydrogenase Testing for Fluoropyrimidine Toxicity — Summary of Abstracts
- Switching from Reference to Biosimilar Adalimumab for Patients with Various Inflammatory Conditions — Summary of Abstracts
- Switching from Reference to Biosimilar Insulin Lispro for Patients with Diabetes Mellitus Type 1 or 2 — Summary of Abstracts
- Electronic Food Assessments for People with Increased Body Mass Index — Summary of Abstracts
Tell Us What You Think
We love hearing how our products and services are influencing health care policies, clinical practices, and patient outcomes. If you have a success story to share, please get in touch with your CADTH Liaison Officer.
CADTH E-Alerts: Subscribe to receive the latest CADTH news, reports, feedback opportunities, and events.