Drug Reimbursement Recommendations
CADTH Common Drug Review
- Ocrelizumab (Ocrevus): Primary progressive multiple sclerosis
- Nitisinone (MDK-Nitisinone): Hereditary tyrosinemia type I
- Latanoprost (Monoprost): Glaucoma and ocular hypertension
CADTH pan-Canadian Oncology Drug Review (pCODR)
- Alectinib (Alecensaro): Locally advanced or metastatic non‒small cell lung cancer (second-line)
- Panitumumab (Vectibix): Left-sided metastatic colorectal cancer
- Avelumab (Bavencio): Metastatic Merkel cell carcinoma
Cancer Drug Pipeline Information
The Cancer Drug Pipeline Information for Patient Groups is updated each month.
- Dental Filling Materials: Your Questions Answered
- Dialysis Modalities for the Treatment of End-Stage Kidney Disease
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder: Summary of Evidence of the Clinical Effectiveness of Treatments
- In-Patient and Outpatient Treatment Programs for Substance Use Disorder
- Medical Marijuana for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
Resources to Address the Opioid Crisis
Read the latest “Evidence Matters” column in Hospital News: “New drugs for chronic pain: The search continues for something better than opioids.”
- Metadol Liquid, Methadose, and Compounded Methadone in Patients Using Opioid Agonist Therapy: Comparative Clinical Effectiveness and Guidelines
- Analgesics for Surgical Third Molar Extraction: Clinical Effectiveness and Guidelines
- Buprenorphine Formulations for the Treatment of Opioid Use Disorders: Comparative Clinical Effectiveness, Cost-Effectiveness, and Guidelines
Health Technology Management Products
Reports completed in April.
Recent Summaries of Evidence With Critical Appraisals Include:
- Bowel Preparation for Colorectal Procedures: A Review of Clinical Effectiveness, Cost-Effectiveness and Guidelines
- Cyclosporine for Moderate to Severe Plaque Psoriasis in Adults: A Review of Clinical Effectiveness and Safety
- Telehealth for the Assessment and Treatment of Depression, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, and Anxiety: Clinical Evidence
Issues in Emerging Health Technologies
- Policies to Reduce Harms from the Concomitant Use of Opioids and Central Nervous System Depressant Drugs
- Characteristics of Remote and Isolated Managed Health Care Facilities: An Environmental Scan
- Use of Real-World Evidence in Single Drug Technology Assessment Processes by Health Technology Assessment and Regulatory Organizations
- Radiation Protection and Safety: Awareness and Implementation of the Bonn Call for Action Priorities in Canada
- Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery in Canada: Implementation Issues Analysis
CADTH is currently conducting two Environmental Scans, Detection and Diagnosis of Sepsis in Rural and Remote Areas: An Environmental Scan and Ankyloglossia Diagnosis and Treatment in Canada: Current Practices. Surveys will be distributed to key stakeholders in the coming weeks. If you are interested in learning more about these projects or in contributing to the surveys, please get in touch with the project teams via email@example.com.
News and Events
HTAi 2018 Vancouver
CADTH is pleased to be co-hosting the HTAi 2018 Annual Meeting June 1 to 5, 2018, in Vancouver. Register today!
On May 16, Dr. Harindra Wijeysundera, our Vice-President of Medical Devices and Clinical Interventions, will be at MEDEC's Regulatory MedTech Conference talking about CADTH and our vision for the future of health technology management in Canadian health.
2018 Annual Scientific Meeting of the Canadian Pain Society, May 22 to 25, 2018, in Montreal, Quebec.
Webinar: Diabetic Foot Ulcers: What Does the Evidence Say? May 22, 2018.
2018 Canadian Association of Emergency Physicians Conference, May 26 to May 30, 2018, in Calgary, Alberta.
The Canadian Centre for Applied Research in Cancer Control (ARCC)’s 7th annual conference will be held May 27 to 28, 2018, in Montreal, Quebec.
CADTH Symposium Videos, Photos, and Presentations
You can watch the CADTH Symposium official opening address by CADTH President and CEO, Dr. Brian O'Rourke, plenary videos, acceptance speech by Dr. Tony Fields, the 2018 Dr. Jill M. Sanders Award Recipient, as well as listen to the audio recording of the oral presentations on opioids and see the slides, all on our YouTube channel. You can also see photos from the event on the CADTH Flickr page. Don’t hesitate to share our video and photos with your networks!
Looking for a presentation from one of our concurrent panel or oral sessions? Check out our Symposium website.
Tell Us What You Think
We love hearing how our products and services are influencing health care policies, clinical practices, and patient outcomes. If you have a success story to share, please get in touch with your CADTH Liaison Officer.
CADTH E-Alerts: Subscribe to receive the latest CADTH news, reports, feedback opportunities, and events.