Corporate News and Events
CADTH Strategy 2022-2025: Anticipate, Innovate, and Transform
CADTH is pleased to share Ahead of the Curve: Shaping Future-Ready Heath Systems, CADTH’s new 3-year strategic plan. Our new strategic plan situates CADTH at the heart of a new, ever-changing health care context, while building on the trusted foundation we have built over the past 30 years. Learn more.
CADTH Expands Scientific Advice Program to Include Advice on Real-World Evidence
CADTH is expanding its Scientific Advice program to include applications for advice on real-world evidence (RWE) generation plans after protocols for pivotal trials have been finalized. This is an opportunity for pharmaceutical companies to enhance their RWE engagement with CADTH.
Evidence-to-Action: Considerations for the Implementation of Canadian Remote Monitoring Programs for Cardiac Conditions: A Two-Part Webinar Series
In the fall of 2021, CADTH published evidence and recommendations on the implementation of remote patient monitoring for cardiac conditions. Join us for a two-part webinar series on May 10 and May 17 with Canadian clinicians, program administrators, and a patient who will share their experience implementing and using remote monitoring programs for cardiac conditions.
CADTH Webinar on June 3, 2022: Using Labs Wisely
In 2014, Choosing Wisely Canada (CWC) quickly established itself as an essential contributor to health care quality in Canada by making patients and clinicians aware of unnecessary tests, treatments, and procedures that often do more harm than good. Join Dr. Wendy Levinson, the chair of CWC, and a panel of clinical and policy experts for an introduction to CWC’s new Using Labs Wisely program for hospitals. Learn more and register.
Information Session — “What We Heard” Regarding the Proposed Framework for a Potential Pan-Canadian Formulary
Join us on June 9th, 2022, as Dr. Alexandra King and Mr. Allen Lefebvre, co-chairs of the Pan-Canadian Advisory Panel on a Framework for a Prescription Drug List (Advisory Panel), discuss highlights of the feedback heard from consultations on the development of a framework for a potential pan-Canadian prescription drug list (or formulary). Registration is required.
CADTH Reports and Recommendations
Drug funding recommendations for Canada's federal, provincial, and territorial public drug programs. Reimbursement recommendations are based on comprehensive assessments of the clinical and pharmacoeconomic evidence, as well as input from pharmaceutical companies, clinicians, and patient groups.
- fostamatinib (Tavalisse) for chronic immune thrombocytopenia
- pemigatinib (Pemazyre) for cholangiocarcinoma
- lorlatinib (Lorbrena) for ALK-positive locally advanced or metastatic non-small cell lung
- provisional funding algorithm for metastatic urothelial carcinoma
- provisional funding algorithm for HER2-positive metastatic breast cancer
CADTH Horizon Scans
Information about new and emerging health technologies that could impact the delivery of care in Canada.
CADTH Health Technology Reviews
Independent assessments of health technologies. Assessments consist of 1, or a combination, of the following: an environmental scan, a rapid review, a clinical (or systematic) review, an economic review, and a review of patient perspectives. They may also include an assessment of the legal, ethical, social, implementation, environmental, and policy implications of the health technology. Recommendations on the appropriate use of health technologies are provided where applicable.
- Dementia Concerns and Considerations: A CADTH Panel of People With Lived Experience – Technology Review
- Therapeutic Mattresses for Chronic Pain – Rapid Review
- Robotic-Assisted Surgical Systems for Hip Arthroplasty – Rapid Review
- Metered-Dose Inhalers for Medical Cannabis Use – Rapid Review
- Risk Factors and Preventive Interventions for Post‒COVID-19 condition – Systematic Review
- Ketamine for Adults With Treatment-Resistant Depression or Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder – Rapid Review
- Radioiodine Resensitization for Radioiodine Refractory Metastatic Differentiated Thyroid Cancer – Rapid Review
- Systemic Thrombolysis and Endovascular Therapy for Large Vessel Occlusion Acute Ischemic Stroke – Rapid Review
- Internet-Delivered Cognitive Behavioural Therapy in the Treatment of Chronic Non-Cancer Pain – Health Technology Assessment
- Evusheld (Tixagevimab and Cilgavimab) for the Pre-exposure Prophylaxis of COVID-19 in Adults and Adolescents (≥ 12 Years of Age and Weighing at Least 40 kg) – Technology Review
- Pharmacological Therapies for COVID-19 – Technology Review
- Enablers for Remote Monitoring Programs for Cardiac Conditions: Lessons From the COVID-19 Pandemic – Policy Insight
CADTH Reference Lists
Lists of the publicly available and grey literature that identify the available evidence and the gaps in the scientific literature.
- Everolimus for Functional Neuroendocrine Tumours of Gastrointestinal or Lung Origin
- Restraints for Children and Adolescents With Mental Health Conditions in Inpatient Settings
Other CADTH Tools
- Hospital News article: What to watch: Technologies with high potential to transform health care
Tell Us What You Think
We love hearing how our products and services are influencing health care policies, clinical practices, and patient outcomes. If you have a success story to share, please get in touch with your CADTH Liaison Officer.
CADTH E-Alerts : Subscribe to receive the latest CADTH news, reports, feedback opportunities, and events.