News and Events
- CADTH successfully wrapped up our first-ever virtual Symposium that was held on November 9 and 10, 2020.
- With more than 1,500 people in attendance, a diverse group of stakeholders gathered to discuss health care decision-making in an age of uncertainty, with health technology experts from across Canada and around the world.
- If you missed the event, you can visit our YouTube page to access recordings of some of our plenary and concurrent sessions.
- Free Workshop Series From November 2020 to March 2021: Our virtual event is over for this year, but there’s still time to register for a variety of workshops between November 2020 and March 2021.
CADTH Webinar: COVID-19 and the Surge in Virtual Care — Lessons Learned, Challenges to Come
- In celebration of Digital Health Week (November 16 to 22, 2020), CADTH will be hosting a webinar on November 19 to talk about the challenges and the lessons learned about providing and accessing virtual health care.
- We hope you can join us to hear from our panel of experts:
- Mari Teitelbaum, Vice-President Strategy, Quality and Family Partnership and Chief Innovation Officer, CHEO
- Dr. Robert Halpenny, Chair, British Columbia Medical Services Commission
- Dr. Ann Collins, President, Canadian Medical Association
- Registration is now open.
CADTH Recognition Awards
- Congratulations to the recipients of the CADTH 2020 Recognition Awards!
- Wendy Ungar and Dr. Kelvin Chan were recognized for their outstanding achievement and ongoing effort in the field of health technology assessment.
- As of November 5, 2020, you will receive all CADTH Reimbursement Review notifications — consultations, drug recommendations, and pharmaceutical reviews updates — amalgamated into the CADTH Weekly Summary.
Hold the Date: CADTH Information Sessions
- Medical Device and Clinical Interventions Session (November 24, 2020)
- Drug Portfolio Information Session (November 26, 2020)
- More information coming soon
Want to learn more about our work on COVID-19? Visit our CADTH COVID Evidence Portal.
CADTH Reimbursement Reviews
CADTH recently issued the following reimbursement recommendations:
- Blinatumomab (Blincyto) for leukemia minimal residual disease
- Enzalutamide (Xtandi) for metastatic castration sensitive prostate cancer
- Halobetasol Propionate and Tazarotene (Duobrii) for moderate to severe plaque psoriasis
- Etonogestrel (Nexplanon) for prevention of pregnancy
- Remdesivir for Severe Symptoms of COVID-19 – Drug Implementation Advice
CADTH Health Technology Reviews
CADTH recently published the following health technology reviews:
- Care for Acquired Brain Injury and Concurrent Mental Health and Substance Use Issues – Environmental Scan
- Care for Acquired Brain Injury and Concurrent Mental Health Conditions and/or Substance Use Disorders – Environmental Scan
- Ventilation and Perfusion Imaging for the Diagnosis of Pulmonary Embolisms During the COVID-19 Pandemic: A Review of Safety and Guidelines – Health Technology Review
- Systemic Corticosteroids for the Management of COVID-19: A Review of Clinical Effectiveness – Health Technology Review
- Ongoing Trials of Plasma-Based Therapies for the Treatment of COVID-19 (Updated on October 23, 2020) – Health Technology Review
- Ongoing Trials for Drugs in the Prevention and Treatment of COVID-19 (Updated October 23, 2020) – Health Technology Review
- Intravenous Multivitamin Therapy Use in Hospital or Outpatient Settings: A Review of Clinical Effectiveness and Guidelines – Summary With Critical Appraisal
- Outpatient or Short Stay Total Hip or Knee Arthroplasty versus Conventional Total Hip or Knee Arthroplasty: A Review of Clinical Effectiveness, Cost-Effectiveness and Guidelines – Summary With Critical Appraisal
- Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation for Degenerated Mitral or Tricuspid Bioprostheses: A Review of Clinical Effectiveness and Cost-Effectiveness – Peer-Reviewed Summary With Critical Appraisal
CADTH Reference Lists
CADTH recently completed the following reference lists:
- Positron Emission Tomography–Computed Tomography versus Computed Tomography for Patients with Infective Endocarditis: Clinical Utility, Cost-Effectiveness, and Diagnostic Accuracy – Reference List
- Screening for Cognitive Impairment in Asymptomatic Community-Dwelling Older Adults: Clinical Utility and Guidelines – Reference List
- Qualitative Research on Dialectical Behaviour Therapy for Borderline Personality Disorder – Reference List
- Pasteurized Donor Milk versus Formula for Preterm Infants: Clinical Effectiveness, Cost-Effectiveness, and Guidelines – Reference List
- Cleaning of Non-Portable Medical Suction Canisters and Liners: Clinical Effectiveness and Guidelines – Reference List
- Non-Absorbable Sutures for General Surgery, Orthopedic Surgery, or Gynecological Surgery: Clinical Effectiveness, Cost-Effectiveness, and Guidelines – Reference List
- Positron Emission Tomography–Computed Tomography for Patients with Suspected or Confirmed Coronary Artery Disease: Clinical Utility, Cost-Effectiveness, and Diagnostic Accuracy – Reference List
- Absorbable Sutures for General Surgery, Orthopedic Surgery, or Gynecological Surgery: Clinical Effectiveness, Cost-Effectiveness, and Guidelines – Reference List
- Computerized Provider Order Entry Systems for Laboratory and Diagnostic Tests: Clinical Effectiveness, Cost-Effectiveness, and Guidelines – Summary of Abstracts
- Automated versus Manual Blood Pressure and Cardiac Monitors in Prehospital Settings: Clinical Effectiveness and Guidelines – Summary of Abstracts
CADTH Horizon Scanning
CADTH recently published the following horizon scans:
- Optimization of N95 Respirator Masks During Supply Shortages – Round-up (Updated October 16, 2020) – Horizon Scan
- Rapid Point-of-Care Antigen Testing for SARS-CoV-2 Infection – Horizon Scan
- New Mechanical Thrombectomy Devices Designed to Treat Venous Thromboembolism – Health Technology Update
Other CADTH Tools
CADTH recently developed the following tools:
- Hospital News article: “Salt-Coated Masks and Air Filters to Potentially Slow the Spread of COVID-19”
- In Brief: “Care for Acquired Brain Injury and Concurrent Mental Health and Substance Use Issues”
Tell Us What You Think
We love hearing how our products and services are influencing health care policies, clinical practices, and patient outcomes. If you have a success story to share, please get in touch with your CADTH Liaison Officer.
CADTH E-Alerts: Subscribe to receive the latest CADTH news, reports, feedback opportunities, and events.