Step 1: Review the Process and Templates.
We recommend that you review the general information on the CADTH Scientific Advice Program, including the Scientific Advice process, prior to submitting your application. You may also want to review the following guidance and templates for use during the process:
- Patient Drug Information Form
- Briefing Book Template
- Guidance on the Briefing Book
- Clarification on the Briefing Book Template
- Addendum to the Briefing Book Template
- Record of Scientific Advice Template
- Clarification on the Record of Scientific Advice Template.
In addition, our Frequently Asked Questions may help you with any questions or concerns you may have.
Step 2: Read the Details.
An application to the CADTH Scientific Advice Program constitutes the applicant’s agreement with the Program policies, guidelines, and processes, as described on the CADTH Scientific Advice website. As part of your application, you will be required to declare that your company is aware of and agrees to the following:
- Disclaimer for Scientific Advice
- Confidentiality Guidelines for Scientific Advice
- Fee Schedule for Scientific Advice
You will also be asked to indicate the permissions, if any, that your company grants in order for CADTH to share company information and information produced through the Scientific Advice Program with patient representatives involved in the Program.
Click here for more information on patient involvement in the CADTH Scientific Advice Program.
Step 3: Submit Online Application Form.
Complete and submit the online application form.
You will be required to provide specific information about your drug on the application form. You may want to review the application form to ensure that you have collected the information required. The application form also includes an online booking calendar, allowing you to select a preferred time period for your face-to-face Scientific Advice meeting.
Some notes about the online application form:
- You must book at least 24 weeks in advance of your preferred Scientific Advice meeting time period; you may book more than 24 weeks in advance, if you prefer.
- In selecting a time period for your Scientific Advice meeting, consider that your Briefing Book is due 14 weeks before the Scientific Advice meeting.
- The online booking calendar will not allow you to book a meeting for a time period that is not available.
- If your preferred time period is not available, you may request to be put on our waiting list through the online booking calendar.
CADTH Scientific Advice staff will contact you within ten (10) business days of receipt of your application to confirm the eligibility of your product, set a specific date for the Scientific Advice meeting, discuss next steps, and answer any questions you may have.