CADTH is committed to supporting Canada’s health care decision-makers through this challenging and uncertain time.
Our COVID-19 Evidence Portal contains the latest COVID-19 information from CADTH and other respected organizations. Content is updated daily to reflect the rapidly changing and increasing international scientific evidence related to this disease.
The following is a summary of the most recent information posted to our COVID-19 portal.
- This report provides information on ongoing randomized controlled trials of drugs being investigated to treat or prevent COVID-19.
- It will be updated every 2 weeks.
- Ongoing trials of vaccines and plasma-based therapies are addressed in separate CADTH reports.
- This report provides information on ongoing randomized controlled trials of intravenous immune globulin and hyperimmune globulin that are being investigated for the management of COVID-19.
- It will be updated every month.
- Ongoing trials of convalescent plasma are addressed in separate CADTH reports.
- The first 2 vaccines (both messenger ribonucleic acid — mRNA — vaccines) for the prevention of COVID-19 disease caused by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) have been authorized for emergency use.
- People with cancer are at a higher risk for serious illness resulting from COVID-19, but were not specifically included in the trials that assessed the safety of the mRNA vaccines.
- It is uncertain whether it is recommended or safe for this population to be among the first groups of people who get vaccinated.
- Some countries, but not Canada at the time of this report, have included people with cancer as part of the groups being considered for priority access to COVID-19 vaccines.
- Further study and information-gathering are still required.
Visit our news page to stay on top of all of the emerging information we are monitoring and updating.
CADTH Literature Searching Tools
CADTH is pleased to showcase additional COVID-19 resources from our partner organizations and the Canadian federal, provincial, and territorial governments’ health jurisdictions:
CAN’T FIND WHAT YOU NEED? LET US KNOW
Canadian ministries and departments of health, publicly funded organizations responsible for health service delivery, and clinical society stakeholders are encouraged to submit a request or contact their CADTH Liaison Officer. We’re here to help.
The CADTH Weekly COVID-19 Update is intended to keep you informed about the latest information posted on the CADTH COVID-19 portal. You’re receiving this update because you’ve subscribed to our CADTH e-alert system.