CADTH undertook an Environmental Scan to understand the current context surrounding opioid addiction programs, including both opioid agonist therapies and other non-pharmacological programming, and care setting transitions across Canada.
The key objectives of this Environmental Scan were to:
- describe the opioid addiction treatment programs that are currently available for use in Canada and internationally
- identify the recommended wait times for opioid addiction treatment programs in Canada
- summarize the factors influencing wait times for opioid addiction treatment programs in Canada
- identify the patient characteristics or prioritization criteria in use for determining entry into opioid addiction treatment programs in Canada
- describe current practice as it relates to supporting patients receiving opioid agonist therapy through care setting transitions.