This summary tool summarizes the findings from a literature review and an Environmental Scan that provide information on the role of artificial intelligence (AI) in mental health services.
The tool summarizes the findings on the following questions:
- Who are the primary users of AI technologies in mental health?
- How is AI being used in mental health care?
- How effective is AI for preventing, diagnosing, or treating mental health problems or illnesses
- What are the key research and development domains in AI for mental health?
- What are the current gaps in knowledge about AI for mental health?
- What should decision-makers consider when planning to use AI in mental health care?
See the full reports:
Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning in Mental Health Services: An Environmental Scan
Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning in Mental Health Services: A Literature Review
To access other CADTH reports and resources on the topic of mental health, visit the Evidence on Mental Health bundle.
Last Updated : August 16, 2021