News and Events
CADTH Webinar: National Truth and Reconciliation Calls to Action — Opportunities and Challenges for Health Care
Join CADTH and a prestigious lineup of Indigenous leaders as together we commemorate the tragic history of Canada’s residential schools. In a fireside chat format, participants will reflect and contemplate on the challenges and opportunities of implementing the Truth and Reconciliation Calls to Action in connection to health care. Register here.
CADTH Lecture: Understanding the Aducanumab (Aduhelm) Approval in the US — The Critical Role of Health Technology Assessment
Register to attend this lecture on September 29, 2021.
2021 CADTH Symposium: Register Now and View Our Preliminary Program
Join the Canadian and global health technology assessment community for the 2021 CADTH Symposium. This year’s theme is Uncertain Times, Imperfect Evidence, and the Imperative to Act. The event will be held online on November 2 to 4. Registration opens on September 14.
2021 CADTH Recognition Awards: Nominations Now Being Accepted (Deadline is September 15)
Nominations are now being accepted for 2 prestigious awards that recognize outstanding achievement and ongoing effort in the field of health technology assessment in Canada. Learn more.
CADTH Tech Trends Survey
CADTH invites you to participate in a survey to identify new and emerging health technologies and trends that can potentially impact Canada’s health care system in the next 2 years. Results will be highlighted in CADTH’s 2022 Health Technology Trends to Watch report.
CADTH Welcomes the Transfer of the Drug Safety and Effectiveness Network
The Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) and Health Canada announced that they intend to give CADTH responsibility for the important work of the Drug Safety and Effectiveness Network (DSEN). CADTH welcomes the transfer of DSEN. Learn more.
Overused and Low Value: What to Leave Behind After COVID-19
Read our latest Evidence Matters column in Hospital News.
CADTH Reimbursement Reviews
We recently issued the following Reimbursement Recommendations:
- Risdiplam (Evrysdi) for spinal muscular atrophy
- Brexucabtagene autoleucel (Tecartus) for mantle cell lymphoma
- Daunorubicin and cytarabine (Vyxeos) for acute myeloid leukemia
- Venetoclax (Venclexta) for acute myeloid leukemia
- Budesonide (Jorveza) for maintenance of Eosinophilic esophagitis in adults
- Human insulin (Entuzity KwikPen) for diabetes mellitus
- Upadacitinib (Rinvoq) for psoriatic arthritis, adults
- Nivolumab-ipilimumab (Opdivo-Yervoy) for malignant pleural mesothelioma
- Dinutuximab (Unituxin) for neuroblastoma
CADTH Health Technology Reviews
We have published the following Health Technology Reviews:
- Shortened Drug Regimens for the Treatment of Active Tuberculosis — Rapid Review
- Prevention of Tuberculosis Reactivation — Rapid Review
- Chlorhexidine Gluconate for Skin Preparation During Catheter Insertion and Surgical Procedures — Rapid Review
- Antipsychotic Drugs or Benzodiazepines for Rapid Tranquilization in Mental Health Facilities or Emergency Department Settings — Rapid Review
- The Use of Cone Beam CT in Dental, Oral, and Maxillofacial Surgery, and Otolaryngology Settings — Environmental Scan
- Autologous Hematopoietic Cell Transplant for Patients With Multiple Sclerosis — Rapid Review
- Harm Reduction Interventions to Prevent Overdose Deaths — Policy Insight
CADTH Horizon Scanning
We have published the following Horizon Scans:
- Barricaid Spinal Implant Device
- Portable Neuromodulation Stimulator For Chronic Balance Or Gait Impairment
CADTH Reference Lists
We have published the following reference lists:
- Integrated Palliative Care Models for Adults Requiring Palliative Care
- Encorafenib for Small Bowel Adenocarcinoma or Appendiceal Adenocarcinoma With BRAF V600E Mutation
- HPV Testing for Primary Cervical Cancer Screening
- DaTscan for Diagnosing Movement Disorders
- Acute Medical Management Interventions for Children and Youth With Eating Disorders
Other CADTH Tools
CADTH recently developed the following tools:
- In Briefs:
- Mental Health Tools:
CADTH produced the following tools in collaboration with the Mental Health Commission of Canada:
- Chronic Pain Tools:
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK
We love hearing how our products and services are influencing health care policies, clinical practices, and patient outcomes. If you have a success story to share, please get in touch with your CADTH Liaison Officer.
CADTH E-Alerts: Subscribe to receive the latest CADTH news, reports, feedback opportunities, and events.