The main objective of this Environmental Scan is to inform Health Canada’s regulation of cone beam CT (CBCT) device manufacturers. It is not intended as an assessment of individual clinical practice.
The key objectives of this Environmental Scan are to:
- determine procedures for which CBCT is commonly used
- identify the professionals conducting CBCT exams for dental, maxillofacial, ear, nose, and throat procedures
- outline specific education and training provisions provided at the provincial level
- verify the number of CBCT units across Canada
- ascertain the ranges of radiation dose per procedure type (infant, child, adolescent, and adult).