For information on CADTH’s Research Information Services team or training sessions, please contact email@example.com
Research and Publications
- Butcher R, Sampson M, Couban RJ, Malin JE, Loree S, Brody S. The currency and completeness of specialized databases of COVID-19 publications. J Clin Epidemiol. 2022 Mar 24;147:52-59.
- Golder S, Farrah K, Mierzwinski-Urban M, Barker B, Rama A. Updated generic search filters for finding studies of adverse drug effects in Ovid medline and Embase may retrieve up to 90% of relevant studies. Health Info Libr J. 2022 Jun 7.
- Farrah K, Mierzwinski-Urban M. Almost half of references in reports on new and emerging nondrug health technologies are grey literature. J Med Libr Assoc. 2019 Jan;107(1):43-48.
- Golder S, Farrah K, Mierzwinski-Urban M, Wright K, Loke YK. The development of search filters for adverse effects of medical devices in medline and embase. Health Info Libr J. 2019 Sep;36(3):244-263.
- Farrah K, Rabb D. Errata for trial publications are not uncommon, are frequently not trivial, and can be challenging to access: a retrospective review. J Med Libr Assoc. 2019 Apr;107(2):187-193.
- Spry C, Mierzwinski-Urban M. The impact of the peer review of literature search strategies in support of rapid review reports. Res Synth Methods. 2018 Dec;9(4):521-526.
- Text Mining Opportunities: White Paper. Ottawa: CADTH; 2018 May.
- Farrah K, Mierzwinski-Urban M, Cimon K. Effectiveness of adverse effects search filters: drugs versus medical devices. J Med Libr Assoc. 2016 Jul;104(3):221-5.
- Rader T, Farrah K, Kaunelis D. Things go better with PEPC: testing the performance of patient-related literature search filters. Poster presented at: 2016 CADTH Symposium; 2016 Apr 11-12; Ottawa, ON.
- Moulton K, Ford C. When PICO doesn't cut it: formulating well-built research questions, literature search processes, and parameters for unique healthcare topics. Poster presented at: 2012 CADTH Symposium. Evidence Matters: Outcomes, Efficiency, Impact; 2012 Apr 15-17; Ottawa.
- Kaunelis D. When everything is too much: development of a CADTH narrow economic search filter. Poster presented at: 2011 CADTH Symposium. Evidence to Practice: Maximizing our Investment in Health Care; 2011 Apr 3-5; Vancouver, BC.
- Glanville J, Fleetwood K, Yellowlees A, Kaunelis D, Mensinkai S. Development and Testing of Search Filters to Identify Economic Evaluations in MEDLINE and EMBASE. Ottawa: Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health; 2009.
- Morrison A, Moulton K, Clark M, Polisena J, Fiander M, Mierzwinski-Urban M, Mensinkai S, Clifford T, Hutton B. English-language restriction when conducting systematic review-based meta-analyses: systematic review of published studies. Ottawa: Canadian Agency for Drugs and Technologies in Health; 2009.
- Bak G, Mierzwinski-Urban M, Fitzsimmons H, Morrison A, Maden-Jenkins M. A pragmatic critical appraisal instrument for search filters: introducing the CADTH CAI. Health Information and Libraries Journal 2009;26(3):211-219.