News and Events
Canadian Medical Imaging Inventory
- CADTH has released the 2020 Canadian Medical Imaging Inventory (CMII). To view the full report and a summary of key findings, please visit www.cadth.ca/cmii.
- This is the third iteration of the CMII and it provides a clear picture of current practices and trends in the supply, distribution, and use of 6 key imaging modalities at more than 450 sites across Canada.
- The medical imaging landscape is evolving rapidly. An up-to-date inventory of equipment can help with health technology management decisions regarding upgrades, installations, replacements, and decommissioning. It can also provide valuable insights into usage trends over time, patient access, appropriateness, and service delivery.
Congratulations to Dr. Renaldo Battista
- We would like to take a moment to congratulate Dr. Renaldo Battista on recently being invested into the Order of Canada.
- Dr. Battista played an important role in the development of CADTH as a former Board Member (1994 to 2000). He was also recognized by CADTH as the 2015 recipient of the Dr. Jill M. Sanders Award of Excellence in Health Technology Assessment (HTA).
CADTH Virtual Symposium Workshops 2020–2021
- There’s still time to register for a variety of workshops running until March 2021.
- The next workshop on February 17, 2021, has been created for HTA producers: From Lingo to Application: The Use of Confounder Summary Scores (Propensity Scores and Disease Risk Scores) in Health Technology Assessment Based on Real-World Data. Participants will better understand confounding and confounder summary scores, be able to estimate propensity scores and disease risk scores and understand their strengths and limits, and discuss their application within HTA.
- Attendance is limited for all workshops, so register to hold your spot.
Want to learn more about our work on COVID-19? Visit our CADTH COVID Evidence Portal.
CADTH Reimbursement Reviews
CADTH recently issued the following reimbursement recommendations:
- Glasdegib (Daurismo) for acute myeloid leukemia
- Acalabrutinib (Calquence) for previously untreated chronic lymphocytic leukemia
- Dapagliflozin (Forxiga) for heart failure with reduced ejection fraction
- Vedolizumab (Entyvio) for Crohn’s disease
- Bamlanivimab for Mild-to-Moderate Symptoms of COVID-19 – Drug Implementation Advice
CADTH Health Technology Reviews
CADTH recently published the following health technology reviews:
- Screening Tools for Chronic Postsurgical Pain: A Review of Clinical Utility – Summary with Critical Appraisal
- Droperidol for Agitation in Acute Care: Clinical Effectiveness – Summary with Critical Appraisal
- Codeine for Acute Extremity Pain: A Review of Clinical Effectiveness – Summary with Critical Appraisal
- Ongoing Trials for Drugs in the Prevention and Treatment of COVID-19 (Updated January 22, 2021) – Health Technology Review
- Bamlanivimab in the Treatment of Outpatients With COVID-19: A Critical Appraisal of an Interim Analysis of the BLAZE-1 Trial (Updated January 12, 2021) – Health Technology Review
- Canadian Medical Imaging Inventory – Health Technology Review
CADTH Reference Lists
CADTH recently completed the following reference lists:
- Tailored Opioid Prescribing After Gynecologic Surgery: Clinical Effectiveness and Guidelines – Reference List
- Stellate Ganglion Block for the Treatment Pain – Reference List
- Peer Support For Youth Mental Health: Clinical Effectiveness And Guidelines – Reference List
- Same-Day Discharge After Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery – Reference List
- Closed-System Drug-Transfer Devices for Chemotherapeutic Drugs: Safety and Guidelines – Reference List
- Antinuclear Antibody Testing for Systemic Lupus Erythematosus or Connective Tissue Disease – Summary of Abstracts
- Disinfection Caps for Patients Requiring Central Access Lines – Summary of Abstracts
- Deflection, Evasion, Disengagement, or Breakaway Training for Healthcare Staff: Clinical Evidence – Summary of Abstracts
- Electronic Food Assessments for People With Diabetes – Summary of Abstracts
- Cataract Surgical Care in Non-Hospital Settings: Clinical Effectiveness and Guidelines – Summary of Abstracts
- Pain Management in the Emergency Department and Upon Discharge – Summary of Abstracts
- Workplace Electronic Health Promotion Campaigns for Substance Use, Gambling, and Gaming Prevention: Cost-Effectiveness – Summary of Abstracts
- Human Leukocyte Antigen B27 for the Detection of Spondyloarthropathy – Summary of Abstracts
Other CADTH Tools
CADTH recently developed the following tools:
- Hospital News Article: “Injectable Opioid Agonists: An Effective Option for Hard-to-Treat Opioid Use Disorder?”
- In Brief: Canadian Medical Imaging Inventory: 2019–2020
- COVID-19 Tools:
Tell Us What You Think
We love hearing how our products and services are influencing health care policies, clinical practices, and patient outcomes. If you have a success story to share, please get in touch with your CADTH Liaison Officer.
CADTH E-Alerts: Subscribe to receive the latest CADTH news, reports, feedback opportunities, and events.